This six-hour rheumatology course presents years of experience by a conventional, board-certified rheumatologist and naturopathic physician. We present an integrative discussion of conventional and naturopathic treatments for autoimmune and non-inflammatory conditions. We will focus on the following topics:
1) The pathogenesis of autoimmunity including molecular basis of autoimmunity
2) The conventional medications used to treat autoimmune rheumatic diseases
3) Diagnostic evaluation, criteria and treatment of several common autoimmune diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus. A discussion of target joints for specific rheumatic disease is presented.
4) The prevention and naturopathic treatment of common non-inflammatory conditions including myalgia, osteoporosis and gout are discussed
5) How to pair a naturopath and rheumatologist for optimal treatment for patients with rheumatic diseases