No cooking required! Learn an innovative and resourceful way of preparing recipes that are quick, tasty, and economical, as well as boost your consumption of nutritious fruits and vegetables. Discover how to prepare delicious meals without using dairy, soy, eggs, wheat, and gluten – or even turning on the stove!
This two-day immersion workshop will be packed with information and plenty of time for you to prepare delicious and healthy recipes from Dalene’s SmartRawFood chef manual. Additionally, explore exotic ingredients used in ethnic cooking in Italy, Mexico, and Thailand. Plus, enjoy a special segment on Dalene’s favorite chocolates.
In this hands-on workshop you will make much more food than you can eat so please bring containers to carry food samples home each day. The workshop fee includes a copy of Dalene’s SmartRawFood chef manual ($59 value) and the SmartRawFood DVD, ($24.95 value).
Upon completion of this workshop you will be able to:
- Describe three aspects of raw food preparation that saves time, money and increases one’s energy.
- Discuss the differences between raw food and living food.
- Identify the three components of the raw food triangle.
- Discuss why it is not necessary to have a 100% raw food diet to receive the health benefits.
- Identify at least three recipes that can be eaten for each of the following: breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, and snacks.
- Describe four ways to keep warm without heating food.
- Design a weekly meal plan.
- List five SmartRawFood success strategies.
- Demonstrate three time-saving techniques.
- Identify one recipe in each of the categories of Dalene’s SmartRawFood Chef Manual.
- Identify ingredients and equipment commonly used in SmartRawFood preparation.
- Name four ingredients to have on hand for raw food preparation.
- Demonstrate at least one alternative method of preparing noodles.
- Demonstrate “zen technique” for opening a young Thai coconut.