Grant breaks “glass ceiling” for philanthropic support for integrative health collaboration led by complementary and alternative medicine disciplines
As you may know, ACCAHC has 15 dues-paying national organizational members from the 5 licensed integrative health disciplines and 3 emerging professions. You will recognize (at least some of) the acronyms the these members: ACAOM, CNME, MEAC, CCE, COMTA, AANMC, ACC, CCAOM, AFMTE, NCCAOM, NABNE, NBCE, IAYT, NAMA, ACHENA.
I know from speaking with Ruth Westreich, the donor, that this grant was made possible BECAUSE of the broad platform created by the commitment of these organizations to collaborating together to advance health. Among the collaborative projects the grant supports:
· Integration of these disciplines and whole person thinking into the emerging “interprofessional education” movement.
· Participation of our disciplines in the Institute of Medicine Global Forum on Innovation in Health Professional Education (ACCAHC is a founding member and the only representation for our disciplines)
· Participation in the Pain Action Alliance to Implement a National Strategy (ACCAHC is a founding member and the only representation for our disciplines).
· Development of tools to enhance Competencies for Optimal Practice in Integrated Environments.
· Participation in the national dialogue to clarify the priorities for the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute, the work of the Advisory Group to the National Prevention, Health Promotion and Public Health Council and the NIH NCCAM’s important “real-world” agenda.
· … and much more!