- This event has passed.
6th Annual ITI Conferences on Integrative Oncology
February 10, 2017 @ 8:00 am - February 12, 2017 @ 9:00 pm
Integrative Oncology in Practice: Where to start and What’s New
Integrative Oncology is becoming more and more prevalent in all facets of medical practice. Patient (and family / caregiver) demand for practitioners who have exposure to the basic tenants of integrative oncology grow daily.
There are demands for medical care in the oncology patient far beyond the current standard of care and in general training in that area is lacking. The purpose of this two and a half day seminar is to expose the healthcare provider to basic and mid-level approaches to caring for the patient with cancer.
Expert faculty who practice integrative oncology daily will discuss palliative care strategies, incorporating integrative oncology with standard care, oral therapies, basics of diet, intravenous therapy updates and case management.
CLINICAL MANAGEMENT TOPICS COVERED:
- Integrative Oncology – The Expanding Need in Primary Care
- First things first: Where to start with the oncology patient
- Testing and Assessment for the Integrative Oncology Patient
- Palliative Therapies in Integrative Oncology
- Oral Therapies in Integrative Oncology
- Overview of IV Therapies in Integrative Oncology
- Newest Ideas: IV Therapies in Integrative Oncology
- Case Presentations in Integrative Oncology
- Tying it together: The entire process of an Integrative Oncology care plan