- This event has passed.
Understanding Colorectal Cancer: An Emphasis on Prevention Through Naturopathic Medicine
October 11, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm$75 – $95
Colorectal is the third leading cause of cancer deaths in men and women. Ninety percent of colorectal cancer occurs in those over 50 years of age, and age is the greatest risk factor. The need to understand the prevention of both occurrence and recurrence is essential for all naturopathic physicians. In this lecture you will learn the pathophysiology of colorectal cancer including how the colonocyte-lumen interface influences risk. We will review how diet, lifestyle and nutritional supplements can be used to lessen risk from an evidence-based perspective. This lecture is designed to provide a short guide of the essentials you need to apply in patients that are at risk of colorectal cancer.
Attend this presentation to confidently:
- Review current incidence/mortality of colorectal cancer (CRC)
- Review the pathophysiology of CRC development
- Understand why screening is paramount to decreasing mortality of CRC
- Review risk factors- both modifiable and non-modifiable
- Review nutritional supplements that have evidence of risk reduction