- This event has passed.
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Levels I and II (PSYCH-17FREE10)
October 20, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - October 22, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
EFT is a powerful Energy Psychology self-help method which draws from elements of cognitive therapy, exposure therapy, counter-conditioning, memory reconsolidation and combines them with acupressure in the form of fingertip tapping on meridian end-points. Over 20 clinical trials and 4 meta-analyses have demonstrated effectiveness for conditions that include anxiety, pain, phobias, depression and PTSD. This training provides the foundational understanding for self-application (Level 1) and (Level 2) for clinical application with others. Research reveals physiological benefits including cortisol stress hormone reduction and positive effects on beneficial gene expression.
Millions of people are now using EFT (aka Tapping) around the world for a wide variety of life circumstances. As a mind-body technique, it is an extremely effective tool that can be applied to stressful circumstances and chronic conditions that may have originated with adverse or traumatic origins. The workshop includes hands-on demonstrations,, supervised exercises and personalized feedback from two certified international trainers.
Course notes: Level I training Friday only | Course time: Friday 12:00 – 9:00pm
Training to reach certified Level I & II is: Friday 12:00 – 9:00 pm and Saturday & Sunday 9:00am 6:00pm
**The course instructors have found the material presented in this training to meet the Washington chiropractic CE requirements as per WAC 246-808-155.
Need a place to stay? Contact our conference services department EARLY to reserve a dorm room
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (425) 602-3075
Student Learning Objectives:
EFT Level 1 Day 1
- Students will learn the Long and Short Form EFT
- Students will be able to explain the SUD scale
- Students will be able to explain Shifting Aspects and Psychological Reversals
- Students will learn how to apply EFT for Physical Issues
- Students will be able to describe the Generalization Effect
- Students will learn the importance of persistence and methods for continuing their personal work
EFT Level 2 Day 1
- Students will be able to describe 3 testing methods
- Students will be able to name the 3 Gentle Techniques for working with trauma
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of at least 4 characteristics of trauma
- Students will be able to describe at least methods for reducing emotional intensity
- Students will be able to perform a reframing technique
- Students will be able to distinguish between the Tell the Story and the Movie Technique
EFT Level 2 Day 2
- Students will be able to describe advantages and disadvantages of telephone work
- Students will be able to name at least 3 distinct differences for EFT application with children
- Students will know the difference between transference, counter-transference and dependency
- Students will be able to describe the difference between emotional intensity and abreactions
- Students will be able to demonstrate the creation of a complete set up statement and reminder phrases
- Students will be able to cite scope of practice parameters for the application of EFT for their own profession.
Location: Bastyr University Kenmore Campus, room 286.
Bastyr University is housed in an older facility with fluctuating interior temperatures; it is advisable to wear layers.
Also, Bastyr is a “fragrance-free” campus.
Enjoy the Bastyr cafeteria’s selection of natural and delicious food for lunch. NOTE: the dining commons closes at 2:00pm on weekends
Please Bring: Personal water bottle (filtered water dispensers available on campus to refill).
Craig Weiner DC Alina Frank
Craig Weiner, DC and Alina Frank have taught EFT to thousands of students internationally since 2008. They are certified master trainers and train individuals and licensed professionals in multiple Energy Psychology modalities. They are often called to present at national conferences including the annual conferences of ACEP (The Association for the Energy Psychology), AAMET (The Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques), CAIET