Metagenics’ 3rd Annual Lifestyle Medicine Summit Guides Healthcare Professionals in Transforming Patient Care
Practice-Changing Event Features Insights from 16 Leading Healthcare Practitioners, Researchers, and Authors—Plus a Special Introduction by Country Music Legend Naomi Judd
Aliso Viejo, Calif. (June 24, 2014) Metagenics, Inc., a nutrigenomics and lifestyle medicine company focused on improving health, will host its third annual Lifestyle Medicine Summit in Nashville, Tenn. on September 26-28, 2014. This landmark series of educational events convenes leading healthcare professionals and researchers to share contemporary approaches to lifestyle medicine for greater effectiveness in addressing a wide range of conditions that affect an ever-increasing number of patients around the world. The theme for the 2014 Lifestyle Medicine Summit is “Transformational Patient Care: Powering the Paradigm Shift,” which continues to guide forward-thinking practitioners in creating more patient-centered approaches to wellness.
“The Lifestyle Medicine Summit presents a unique opportunity for those practicing lifestyle medicine in a modern healthcare setting,” Fred Howard, CEO of Metagenics. “These are the true leaders in transforming the current model of disease/symptom care into one that addresses underlying factors that can help create a lifetime of better health. This educational series provides a rare forum to learn from experts, share with colleagues, and grow as a lifestyle medicine practitioner.”
Prominent researchers and esteemed healthcare professionals will share insights on how patient care can be improved by combining personalized diagnostics with smarter nutritional approaches and contemporary lifestyle medicine. Speakers for this year’s event include:
· Jeffrey Bland, PhD, FACS, CN – Founder, Personalized Lifestyle Medicine Institute; well-known functional medicine pioneer, research scientist, and educator; author of The Disease Delusion
· Mark Hyman, MD – Chairman, Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM); practicing family physician; eight-time #1 New York Times bestselling author; internationally recognized leader, speaker, and educator
· Osama Hamdy, MD – Director of the Inpatient Diabetes Program, Joslin Diabetes Center; assistant professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School; clinical researcher and author of more than 150 publications
· David Katz, MD – Director, Yale Prevention Research Center; clinical instructor of medicine at the Yale School of Medicine; ABC News medical consultant and author of numerous scientific articles
· Mimi Guarneri, MD – President, American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine; founder Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine; noted physician, speaker, and healthcare advisor
· Fabrizio Mancini, DC – President Emeritus, Parker University; well-known author, TV health expert, and integrative chiropractor
Dr. Mancini’s presentation will feature a special introduction by country music legend Naomi Judd, who is a former nurse, author of several books on healthy aging, and a well-known advocate for integrated medicine approaches that helped make a difference in her own health challenges. Other presenters and workshop leaders include Robert Martindale, MD, PhD; Allison Monette, ND, RD; Michael Nova, MD, PhD; Dane Donohue, DC; Eamonn Quigley, MD, PhD; Robert Rakowski, DC, CCN; Samantha Eagle, ND; Robert Silverman, DC; Mike Kyrchman, MD; and Mark C. Houston, MD.
About the 2014 Lifestyle Medicine Summit:
The Lifestyle Medicine Summit will be held the Omni Nashville Hotel on September 26-28, beginning with a reception at the Country Music Hall of Fame. For more details and registration information, please visit: www.metagenics.com/2014summit or call 800.692.9400 (United States), 800.268.6200 (Canada).
Early bird registration is $349, and registration after June 30, 2014 will be $399. Early registration is recommended as last year’s event was sold out, and this year’s event is anticipated to do so as well.