Klaire Labs (SFI USA) Announces the availability of Acumen, the most extensively studied Bacopa monnieri : CDRI 08
Reno, NV – Klaire Labs (SFI USA) today announced the launch of Acumen, the most extensively studied extract of Bacopa monnieri (whole aerial plant extract CDRI 08). CDRI 08 is clinically demonstrated to support spatial working memory,1 new information retention,2 stress management, and mood.3
Bacopa monnieri, commonly known as Brahmi, is an adaptogen with a long history of traditional use for memory, cognitive function, and stress management. Mechanisms of action include free radical scavenging, increased cerebral blood flow, neuronal cell support, and neurotransmitter balance. As evidenced by six human clinical trials,1-6 CDRI 08 supports significantly improved visual information processing, enhanced learning and memory consolidation, and decreased cortisol production with associated positive mood.
“This uniquely well-studied Bacopa monnieri extract enjoys complete seed-to-patient quality control to ensure the studied potency and expected outcomes efficacy,” states Pam Conboy, Klaire Labs Marketing Director. “Fans of our sister brand, KeenMind, will be pleased to know that Acumen provides the same CDRI 08 active ingredient with the cleaner label profile strongly preferred by Klaire Labs customers.”
Each capsule of Klaire Labs’ Acumen contains 320 mg of high-potency, standardized CDRI08. It is well-tolerated by adults and children 7 years and older with no stimulant effects.
About Klaire Labs
Since 1969, the Klaire Labs name has been trusted to deliver clean, highly effective nutraceutical formulations suitable for the most sensitive individuals among us.
- Stough C, Downey LA, Lloyd, J et al. Examining the nootropic effects of a special extract of Bacopa monniera on human cognitive functioning: 90 day double-blind placebo-controlled randomized trial. Phytother Res. 2008 Dec;22(12):1629-34
- Roodenrys S, Booth D, Bulzomi S. Chronic effects of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) on human memory. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2002 Aug;27(2):279-81.
- Stough C, Lloyd, J, Clarke J, et al. The chronic effects of an extract of Bacopa monnieri (Brahmi) on cognitive function in healthy human subjects. Psychopharmacology. 2001 Aug;156(4):481-4.
- Benson S, Downey LA, Stough C, et al. An acute, double-blind, placebo-controlled cross-over study of 320 mg and 640 mg doses of Bacopa monnieri (CDRI 08) on multitasking stress reactivity and mood. Phytother Res. 2014 Apr;28(4):551-9.
- Downey LA, Kean J, Nemeh F, et al. An acute, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover study of 320 mg and 640 mg doses of a special extract of Bacopa monnieri (CDRI 08) on sustained cognitive performance. Phytother Res. 2013 Sep;27(9):1407-13.
- Kean JD, Kaufman J, Lomas J,et al. A Randomized Controlled Trial Investigating the Effects of a Special Extract of Bacopa monnieri (CDRI 08) on Hyperactivity and Inattention in Male Children and Adolescents: BACHI Study Protocol (ANZCTRN12612000827831). Nutrients. 2015 Dec 2;7(12):9931-45.